Who gets it: Mainly cabinet manufacturers but also cabinet retailers because this update affects pricing and some User Interface changes in the retailer module, too.
What is it:
- Assembly settings: Manufacturers can define assembly settings globally, per collection, or per specific item.
- Shipping fee settings: Manufacturers can define a shipping fee based on distance and order cost.
Why it matters:
- Assembly settings: Some vendors have different assembly settings for certain items and not just one global assembly setting. With this change, we now support more complex manufacturer catalogs.
- Shipping fee: Manufacturers charge shipping fee and now we provided them with a system that will let their retailers know how much will the shipping cost them.
How it works:
- Assembly settings: As a manufacturer, you can go to Settings > Assembly and create different assembly options. When creating or editing collections and parts, it is now possible to select one of defined assembly options.
- Shipping fee: As a manufacturer, you can go to Settings > Shipping and create different shipping options based on the radius and order cost.